Archive for the ‘Attorney Website Link Building’ Category
No doubt, inbound links are an essential piece of a good search engine marketing strategy. I get asked often, “how do I get links into my website?” Below are some suggestions of what to do and what not to do!
- Do NOT go for an excessive number of reciprocal or traded links. Sure. Some reciprocal linking is OK, but don’t overdo it.
- Do NOT purchase links solely for the purpose of improving rankings. The search engines frown on link schemes and spammers and can often detect these.
These points are spelled out on Google’s Guidelines for Paid Links.
Inbound links that are more natural are what you want to achieve. Here are some examples of good linking opportunities:
- Provide good content on your website. If you provide good, useful and interesting content, others will link to it. These are the best inbound links of all!
- Articles – Syndicating articles is a great way to establish credibility for your self on a particular topic. Articles can be submitted or syndicated on the web. Most article syndication websites allow you to include in the credits box a short bio that includes a link to your website. Be sure to include keyword anchor text when linking back to your website. Also, do not put the same article on your website. This is considered duplicate content and will diminish the impact of the inbound link.
- Press Releases – Online press release distribution is also a great way to get links into your attorney website. Press releases can be distributed online and are great for getting the word out about newsworthy events for your law firm. PRWeb.com is a great place to distribute your press releases. To get an idea of what other law firms are doing visit the visit this page. PRWeb categorizes attorney press releases into categories including general litigation, personal injury, criminal and other segments. When submitting a press release, you are allowed links back to your website or practice area page. Be sure to include keyword anchor text to get the best value out of your link.
- Blog Comments - Develop relationships with bloggers. Comment on blog entries where you can add value. Most blogs allow you to include a link with your comment. Additionally, by developing relationships with bloggers, you may be able to get mention and credit in their blog.
- Social Content Websites – Join social content websites such as Squidoo and Hubpages. Build content pages on your practice areas. Provide useful content such as photos, videos and articles. Have each social content page link to your firm’s website.
- Social Networking Websites – Join Twitter, Facebook and Linked In. Create profiles. This is a great source for networking and developing relationships. But you can also link to your website from each of these.
- Google Maps – Submit your attorney website to Google maps. As part of Google’s universal search Google Local businesses are listed at the top of search results and link directly to your website. Learn more about Putting your firm on Google Maps
- Associations and Law Groups – Identify opportunities to get links from associations or legal groups for which you may belong.
- General Website Directories – There are literally thousands of legal web directories out there that include a legal or law category. While the jury is still out on general web directories, it doesn’t hurt to submit to them. Many of these links are picked up by the search engines, so they can’t be discounted.
- Local Website Directories. Legal Web Directories and Portals – Look to local online resources. Many will link to you business absolutely free. Take advantage. The visitors to these local focused websites are potential prospects for your business.
There are hundreds of law firm directories and signing up for them all can be quite expensive. I recommend identifying those who rank high in Google for your targeted search terms. Some are actually free!
Link building is a time consuming task and requires an amount of writing, submitting and researching. As part of our Law Firm Internet Marketing service, we provide link building services. Contact us to learn how we can help your law firm!
This post is about monitoring links into your law firm website and why it’s important to make sure you optimize those links.
Another website is linking to your law firm’s website. Great, but is that link giving you the most SEO benefit on the Internet? Here’s how to make sure you’re getting the most from inbound links.
- Make sure they use relevant keyword phrase or phrases to link to your website. For example, if you practice criminal law and you have linking coming into your website, you stand to benefit from a link that states “DUI Lawyer” as opposed to “Your Law Firm Name”.
- Just as important is WHERE the link goes to. You should attempt to achieve links into other pages within your website. Using the example above, the term “DUI Lawyer” will perform better if it links to your DUI practice area page within the site.
- Finally, just as I alluded to in number 2, you should not strive to get links only to your home page. Rather, get links to other pages within your website.
How do I know who links to your law firm website?
- Analytics. A great starting point for learning who links to you is to review your website’s log or analytics. Most analytic tools will tell you where your traffic is coming from. The links that are providing the most value will also be the ones that are sending you traffic.
- Who links to me? . These guys ask you to paste a link on your website. Then when you click on the link from your website, it tells you how many other sites link to you as seen by Google, Yahoo, MSN and other search engines.
- Link Popularity Tool – AddMe This a quick tool that will give you an idea of how many inbound links your site has.
Link Building is an important part of law firm search engine optimization. If your firm would like help with building links into your firm’s website, contact us. We have a link building package we can offer or we can create a custom link building campaign for your firm’s website.
-posted by LegalMarketingPros.com